Title of Position: Software Engineer 3
Description of Position:
Bridges is looking for a dynamic Software Engineer that is looking to Serve as the technical lead of multiple software development teams, work with team lead to understand tasking and deliver system to required specifications. Work with stakeholders to understand and implement system components. Participate as a member of the SCRUM team in daily stand ups. Delegate programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitor their performance. Select the software development process in coordination with the customer and system engineering. Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards. Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met. Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces. Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Preform quality control on team products. Oversees one or more software development teams and ensures the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project. Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design. Design develop Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
Education and Experience Required:
Minimum of 20 years of experience as a software developer
• Minimum of 5 years of experience using Python
• Extensive use with Docker
• Full lifecycle software development, including design, implementation, testing, installation, configuration and upgrading
• Experience with Fullstack development
• Good communication and documentation skills
• Experience with Interface technologies such as Node/Angular
• Must be comfortable working Linux based environments
• Experience using Service Discovery
• Experience with Micro-Services Architecture
• Database knowledge with Oracle, Mongo and MySQL ; geared towards proper syntax for coding queries
• Working with GUI
• Experience with DevOPS; executing in this environment preferred
• Experience with Event Driven Systems a plus
• Experience with Jira/Confluence suite
• Good working knowledge of Linux/Unix and scripting (sh, bash, perl, and other scripting tools/language)
• Agile/Scrum methodology a plus
EOE AA M/F/D/V to EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
With the passion to make a difference, BRIDGES solves national security and commercial vulnerability challenges using cyber intelligence. In today’s cyber battleground, our team of elite experts makes BRIDGES an industry pacesetter and agile innovator that delivers success as a trusted partner.
We are hiring top talent for a rapid growth trajectory while maintaining our culture and values of commitment, integrity, respect, and courage. Within the BRIDGES family, our employees are our first priority. We offer best-in-class compensation and benefits, a collaborative atmosphere, and opportunities to develop and advance; ... and we have fun!