Title of Position: Systems Engineer V (TCV)
Description of Position:
Member of the ESEA Technical Staff working as technical support in a SETA role, on the NSA Tactical Compliance Verification and Interoperability Assessments Team.
• Perform technical consultation to improve the effectiveness of tactical intelligence systems as a team member responsible for assessing Tactical SIGINT Systems found on a variety of manned and unmanned aerial vehicles, ships and ground platforms used by US and allied armed forces.
• Work with government and contractors to improve tactical SIGINT system effectiveness by assessing Interoperability, Connectivity, Modernization, Security and Supportability (ICMSS); assess standards implementation; evaluate documentation; and participate in technical reviews at key acquisition phases.
• Work with senior Department of Defense and Intelligence Community acquisition engineers and user representatives to identify ICMSS risks and opportunities in the architectural designs of those systems.
• With minimal, high-level direction, working independently or as a member of a small team, conduct system-of-systems interoperability and technical assessments of the design and operating environment of systems based on validated effectiveness criteria. Recommend actions based on the findings in formal Assessment Reports or frequent informal technical communications.
• Work with the acquisition community, military Service Cryptologic Components of the US and our Allies, and industry stakeholders to maintain expert knowledge of current and emerging SIGINT solutions and understand the technical challenges related to tactical SIGINT interoperability within the 5-Eyes partners.
• Work with teammates to develop and maintain a model interrelating requirements, system capabilities, technology implementation, and standards. Contribute to the refinement of ICMSS system effectiveness criteria in the context of emerging system’s architecture and requirements.
• Participate in various SIGINT Working Groups; prepare and review technical assessments; and review SIGINT technologies.
Education and Experience Required:
A Systems Engineer 5 must have a High School Diploma or GED plus nineteen (19) years of general system engineering experience OR a Bachelor’s degree in a Qualified Engineering Field1 or a Related Discipline2 from an accredited college or university plus fifteen (15) years of systems engineering experience OR a Master’s degree in a Qualified Engineering Field1 or a Related Discipline2 from an accredited college or university plus thirteen (13) years of systems engineering experience.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Prior military SIGINT systems hands-on experience.
• Ability to review and analyze user requirements, concept of operations documents, system architecture and requirements specifications.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including demonstrated ability to comfortably interact with all levels of organizational management, be willing to operate in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision, and possess strong interpersonal, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
• Technical and people skills necessary to collaborate with customers, subject matter experts, and senior technical and programmatic leadership.
• Knowledge of operational SIGINT data flows.
• Current TS/SCI Clearance w/ PG
1 Qualified Engineering fields: (Aeronautics, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Environmental, Mechanical, Nuclear, Software, Systems, and Engineering Management)
2 Related Disciplines: (Chemistry, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, and Physics)
EOE AA M/F/D/V to EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
With the passion to make a difference, BRIDGES solves national security and commercial vulnerability challenges using cyber intelligence. In today’s cyber battleground, our team of elite experts makes BRIDGES an industry pacesetter and agile innovator that delivers success as a trusted partner.
We are hiring top talent for a rapid growth trajectory while maintaining our culture and values of commitment, integrity, respect, and courage. Within the BRIDGES family, our employees are our first priority. We offer best-in-class compensation and benefits, a collaborative atmosphere, and opportunities to develop and advance; ... and we have fun!