Title of Position: Technical Writer III
Description of Position:
This position provides systems engineering support and related services to Cryptographic Physical Products Modernization (CPPM) Program Management Office within the Cryptographic Assurance Operations (CAO) Organization. The position is part of a ESEA II contractor team of 1 SE4, 2 SE3s, 1 Technical Writer 2, and 0.5 Process Engineer 2.
- Preparing, reviewing, revising, and maintaining technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation.
- Writing and editing technical documentation for all of the project’s hardware and software to include installation, configuration and how-to documentation.
- Creating code documentation for software; produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities; provides field, data definition, and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings, and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources.
Education and Experience Required:
Six years of experience as a Technical Writer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. A bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four years of additional TW experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Understand basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents
- Assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Gather technical information, prepares written text
- Maintain a current internal documentation library
- Use multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio etc.
- Understand basic concepts and write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
- Prepare and maintain operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Prepare reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences (U) Work with developers to produce quality documentation and training materials (U) Coordinate layout and design of documents
- Work on all phases of documentation
- Under general direction, write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
- Apply concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources
- Produce defense acquisition documentation, user manuals, training manuals, and other documentation utilized by the end-user community of DoD electronic equipment and systems
- Interpret engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures to understand and blend large quantities of computer related information
- Research highly technical subject matter, organizes information from multiples sources, and express technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers
- Produce technical documentation for Cryptologic programs or projects developing analytic tradecraft methodologies
- Apply technical manual standard NSA DS-89 to work products
- In addition, they shall have:
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to work within a team setting to complete assigned tasks within expected schedule to complete.
- Flexible/easily adaptable within a dynamic work environment that may require surge efforts.
EOE AA M/F/D/V to EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
EEO is the Law poster