With the passion to make a difference, BRIDGES solves national security and commercial vulnerability challenges using cyber intelligence. In today’s cyber battleground, our team of elite experts makes BRIDGES an industry pacesetter and agile innovator that delivers success as a trusted partner.
We are hiring top talent for a rapid growth trajectory while maintaining our culture and values of commitment, integrity, respect, and courage. Within the BRIDGES family, our employees are our first priority. We offer best-in-class compensation and benefits, a collaborative atmosphere, and opportunities to develop and advance; ... and we have fun!
Title of Position: Software Engineer 2
Description of Position:
Bridges is looking for a dynamic Software Engineer that is looking to serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project and oversee one or more software development teams and ensures the work is being completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project. Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards. Coordinate with software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met. Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces. Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; preform quality control on team products. Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries as well as design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design. Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance. Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas. Write or review software and system documentation. Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components. Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards. Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
Education and Experience Required: Description & Responsibilities:
This is a Software Engineering position that involves designing, developing, building and deploying software code to implement streaming analytics that involves the full software development lifecycle to include:
• Design, develop, unit/integration testing, and deploy new software code that provides new functionality; as well as extending and/or modifying existing software code
• Use object-oriented software methodologies
• Write and implement code using real-time streaming software frameworks (Storm, Distillery, SPARK, etc.)
• Write and implement code to interact with object-relational as well as NoSQL distributed databases
• Be proficient in writing and building C++ code on the LINUX operating system
• Write LINUX based scripts for code integration and cron jobs (e.g. Bourne, C, Ruby, Python, etc.)
• Manage code using the Atlassian tool suite (e.g. Git, Stash, Jira ticketing, confluence, etc.)
• Ensure that code integrates with external hardware/software systems.
• Prepare code documentation; UML artifacts
• Have a working knowledge of network protocols
• Be able to write code to convert different encoded data formats (e.g., XML, JASON, etc.)
• Have a working knowledge of how to implement middle-tier webservices.
• C/C++ Software Development Language
• Unit Test framework with code coverage (e.g., ATF – automated Testing framework, CUTE – C++ Unit Test Easier)
• ORDBMS (e.g., MySql, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Sybase)
• Distributed NoSQL Database system (e.g., MongoDB, Accumulo, Redis, HBase, Cassandra)
• Familiarity with streaming frameworks (e.g., STORM, Apache Spark, Distillery).
• Data formats (e.g., JSON, XML, HTML and XHTML DOM)
• Build code using Maven
• Various Network protocols (e.g, HTTP, TCP, SSH, SSL, FTP, etc.)
• REST WebServices
• LINUX operating system
• Be able to rapidly generate and deploy code via IDE (e.g., Eclipse, IntelliJ, NetBeans)
EOE AA M/F/D/V to EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Requires TS/SCI with Poly