With the passion to make a difference, BRIDGES solves national security and commercial vulnerability challenges using cyber intelligence. In today’s cyber battleground, our team of elite experts makes BRIDGES an industry pacesetter and agile innovator that delivers success as a trusted partner.
We are hiring top talent for a rapid growth trajectory while maintaining our culture and values of commitment, integrity, respect, and courage. Within the BRIDGES family, our employees are our first priority. We offer best-in-class compensation and benefits, a collaborative atmosphere, and opportunities to develop and advance; ... and we have fun!
Title of Position:Software Engineer 1
Description of Position:
Bridges is looking for a dynamic Software Engineer that is looking to serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project. Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design. Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance. Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas. Debug existing software and corrects defects. Design and code new software or modifies existing software to add new features. Write, review and make recommendations for improving documentation and software and system development process standards. Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements. Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components. Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or repositories, design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries. Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
Education and Experience Required:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with JAVA and technical experience
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with Spring (Strong understanding of dependency injection is required, experience with Spring MVC and other Spring features are a plus)
• Minimum 5 years’ experience developing RESTFUL web services
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with JPA or Hibernate
• Experience using Tomcat or similar web server
• Knowledge of the Maven build management Tool
• Experience developing with spring-security
• Design and development of RESTful web services created with spring-mvc and secured with spring-security and GOTS add-ons
• Requirements gathering, assessing, vetting, and migration into design, architecture, features
• Software development, testing, installation, configuration, and upgrading
• An active participant in design sessions
• Programming to include code creation, bug fixes, and enhancements, as well as installation, monitoring, and configuration programs and scripts
• Documentation of all designs/software developed, documentation of on-going development efforts using Atlassian tools (JIRA/Confluence)
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong organization skills
• Experience with supporting complex operation software systems, including trouble shooting and problem solving
• Willingness to adhere to and support development, testing and CM conventions as established by the team
• Ability to work as a part of a collaborative team
• Possess enthusiasm for one’s work
EOE AA M/F/D/V to EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Requires TS/SCI with Poly